Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Day 10, Game 8: Detroit vs. Blue Jays, 8/11









Wow. wow. wow. I think I've found my new home for baseball. I'd heard nothing but good things, but let me tell you now, this place has it all. GREAT stadium, fans and food. Now if only Leyland could get the Tigers to live up to their potential.

We bought tickets on the way to the game from a local bankruptcy attorney with a blog (detroitbankruptcy.blogspot.com). Hilarious dude with a silver tongue and a heart of gold. The seats were excellent (as promised), row 1 in the Upper box infield (panoramic view above), great for watching a game.

After 2 innings, we ducked away for food and 2 amazing things occurred. Trying to provide a break to the hot dog fight going on in my lower colon, I tried a hamburger. Yes, just a burger. With cheddar and grilled onions. Well damn, if it wasn't the best thing I've had on this entire trip.

Made by this angel.

Returning to our section, our neighbors informed us we'd just missed a foul ball bouncing off our seats. ARGH, cruel burger!!! No, no...I love you, succulent burger. I didn't mean it that way. But we could have caught a ball. Oh, curse you, baseball gods. Drool. Curse. Drool. Curse.

Eventually, we made our way around the stadium meeting all kinds of wonderful Detroit folks. The Tigers got thrashed pretty good, so by the 8th inning we settled in some vacated seats behind home plate and took some action shots. We hit an Irish bar on the walk home and partied with the locals (and some Border Patrol Inspectors). All in all, a perfect night. Except the Tigers lost. Boo.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great to read your posts. You've lived the life I wish I could live. - Craig